So, are you finally ready to step up and build your personal brand? Then there’s no better way to start than reading Expert Secrets, the latest book by DotCom Secrets’ author Russell Brunson. Inside, you’ll learn firsthand how building your personal brand can ultimately benefit your business. Russell also shows you how to cultivate a loyal following, who not only listens to you, but more importantly purchase your products or your recommendations. A very important skill in this era of “influencers”. Read on and find out why I think Expert Secrets is the next must read for any serious entrepreneur.
Expert Secrets and DotCom Secrets, what’s the difference?
Those who have heard about Russell Brunson would probably have an idea about his first book, DotCom Secrets. Although the books are somewhat related, they do differ in a major way. DotCom Secrets, as the name implies, is a complete guide on how to run your online business. It deals primarily with determining your target demographic, finding and attracting them to you, and finally effectively communicating with them to make them purchase your product or service.
In Expert Secrets meanwhile, Russell gives a more generalist view than his first book. This book is a guide on creating a business from scratch. Or rather creating an expert business, which is an endeavour based on your special skill sets or knowledge and using the same to build a profitable product or service. It is important to note that the book is not only for new businesses but also for existing ones as well. In fact, the book is even more crucial for non-expert business as it outlines a path to creating information products that can be used in growing your existing company (such as utilizing ClickFunnels).
Who can benefit from Expert Secrets?
The book is useful to all entrepreneurs looking to upgrade their businesses and organizations. Specifically, the book is for (1) those who wants to earn income from information: whether by selling information products or using that information to increase their business’s visibility, (2) those who use software in creating sales funnels, such as ClickFunnels (Russell’s goes into more detail about this in his first book), and (3) those who are interested in building a loyal following and use that influence for their business’s benefit.
Here is what Robert Kiyosaki said about the book:
“Expert Secrets Is The Map That Will Allow You To Turn Your Specialized Knowledge, Talents and Abilities Into A Business That Will Work For You! This Is One Of The Shortcuts of The New Rich” – Robert Kiyosaki
What is inside the book?
The Expert Secrets book is split into 5 distinct sections and includes a total of 22 expert secrets (chapters). Here’s an overview of detail so you know what you are getting.
Section 1: Creating Your Mass Movement
The first part of the books deals primarily with your “mass movement”, which is just a fancy term for your audience or fans. This term can also refer to your community or tribe. Really anyone who follows you and looks up to you (as The Expert) for guidance, information, and sometimes even asks for your support. This section will show you how to create and cultivate such mass movement.
In creating a mass movement, you have to do the following things: make yourself an “Attractive Character” (or a leader, influencer, guide), push for a future-based initiative, and come up with a new opportunity (or vehicle) for your followers. These opportunities are usually products or services that your followers crave for in order to achieve their desired outcome. In other words, these are the products or services they will use to become more like you, or become what you have already achieved as “The Expert”.
In section 1, three things are covered. What the cause is. How that creates an opportunity, and how a charismatic leader can seize the opportunity.
- The Charismatic Leader/ Attractive Character: You may not be a born leader, but you can become one if you follow some simple and straightforward rules. This is what Russell proposes and he teaches you how to:
- Find your target market
- Understand how to best appeal to them with your product
- Write targeted marketing messages
- The Cause: If you can get people to believe in and be passionate about your cause, you are half way to success. This is what Russell covers and he gives you the steps you need. He’ll teach you how to show people the opportunity and then get them involved.
- The New Opportunity: Understanding the cause only works if you have an opportunity to apply it. In this section, Russell informs you of the steps needed to get your target market interested in your opportunity.
Section 2: Creating Belief
This part shows you how to galvanize your mass movement using a common set of beliefs. As Russell memorably stated in the book, everything, EVERYTHING boils down to belief. With a powerful and compelling set of beliefs, you can influence your audience to become more open to the opportunities you are presenting. That is to say, they are more likely to buy into your products or services, and become your customers eventually. This can only happen when your mass movement believes.
The section has six different chapters. These are focused on creating belief in your product offering so that your target market is on board. The six different sections of creating belief are:
- The Big Domino: Just like the game, once you understand what’s important you can convince your target market and get them to purchase.
- The Epiphany Bridge: An epiphany can be considered the lightbulb of an idea. Here’s how you use that to get buy in. Russell also helps you understand the use of emotions and storytelling. These tools are instrumental in getting customers to understand your brand and what you are trying to achieve.
- The Hero’s Two Journey: Here we explore how the brand and story become something that people can relate to. This is done through storytelling.
- The Epiphany Bridge Script: Combining the previous two chapters, the Epiphany Bridge and the Hero’s Two Journey, this chapter lets you build a script that you can use for almost anything in your business. This chapter is the most valuable part of the book in my opinion!
- False Belief Patterns: Breaking customer false beliefs is the focus of this section. Using an epiphany bridge, Russell explains how you can replace false beliefs with new ones.
- The 3 Secrets: In the final section, Russell talks about the three secrets you need to know to be successful in sales. Once again, the epiphany script comes into play.
Section 3: Your Moral Obligation
In the third section, there is a detailed breakdown of the process you follow when offering new opportunities. Covered is how you communicate with readers, the process for breaking down barriers and finally how you welcome a new reader so that you can educate them appropriately.
The first 2 chapters in this section are:
- The Stack Slide: What do you need to offer your customers. How you can show them the value that you bring, so that they purchase from you.
- The Perfect Webinar: You will learn how to use webinar as a selling tool by using all of the lessons learned from earlier chapters.
The following 4 chapters are part of what make up a perfect webinar:
- The One Thing
- Breaking and Rebuilding Patterns
- The Stack
- Trial Closes
As I was reading this section, it made me realize how woefully inadequate I am in actual selling. Russell masterfully shows you how to make and present a sales pitch about your new opportunity (such as a course, program, life coaching seminars, etc.).
One important thing you need to know is that the perfect webinar isn’t just about selling through webinars, but the exact same principles can be applied to sell face-to-face or on stage. This is pure gold for anyone who wants to brush up their selling skills.
Section 4: The Funnels
Now that you have learned how to start your own mass movement by identifying your attractive character, and the new opportunity you are going to provide people with. You’ve also learned how to tell your stories and sell your new opportunity. The next section is split into an additional five chapters, which teach you how to convert visitors into customers:
- The Perfect Webinar Model
- The Four Question Close
- The Perfect Webinar Hack
- Email Epiphany Funnels
- Epiphany Product Launch Funnels
Russell emphasized in this section that by helping others make money, you get rewarded also. Understanding this, makes it easier to realize the benefits in creating opportunities for people.
Section 5: What’s Next
The final secret is: Fill Your Funnel. This section will show you how to send traffic to your sales funnels and a few other secrets you can do to jump-start your success as an expert.
So, is the book worth your time?
Overall, I found Expert Secrets a thoroughly engaging read. It is filled with practical advice which I can’t wait to try on my own personal branding in the near future. And the book is a clear example that by having your own mass movement, an army of loyal followers, you are essentially insuring your business from the whims of Facebook or Google (or any other platforms). With Expert Secrets, you can build a community that follows your recommendations and more importantly, purchase what you want them to. And if you’re an entrepreneur or a businessman, this is more than enough reason to pick up a copy and read the entirety of Russell Brunson’s new book. Also, be sure to check out Russell’s first book, DotCom Secrets.
Where to Get Expert Secrets?
If the information I have provided to you makes you at all excited, you are going to love the next part. This book and all of the knowledge that it provides to you, is free! All you need to do is pay for shipping and handling.
Even better, when you purchase directly from Russell’s website, you actually get an opportunity to see his 2-step free plus shipping funnel in action. This is a great introduction to how simple funnels work and you can take this understanding into the creation of your own sales funnel.
“You’ve Gotta Be Crazy” Guarantee
Here is what Russell stated on his website: “I 100% guarantee that you’ll love this book, or I’ll return your $7.95 shipping and let you keep the book anyway. That’s right. You don’t even have to send anything back. Just email me or call the number on your receipt and I’ll give you back your money with no question asked.”
All I am going to say is… you’ve gotta be crazy not to take this deal.