Many individuals have a regular job with decent income, a family, and a social life. However, they can’t shake the feeling of being unfulfilled. Perhaps one’s career hasn’t progressed in a while, and they feel trapped and bored. Life has lost its excitement. They may live a comfortable lifestyle–going to work, coming home, taking a yearly vacation–but something still feels empty. Life can feel empty when you lack a passion that drives you forward…
Well, one thing I can tell you is that the most successful people who are truly happy with their life are the ones who live their passion by using their knowledge and expertise to impact people lives. And you could be like them too!
Did you know that you could be an expert without knowing it? It’s important to realize that everyone has skills and talents that make them unique. In many cases, these skills can actually provide a source of income! Quite often people don’t think about this. They either assume that everyone is as equally skilled as they are, or do not even consider that ability as anything exceptional.
How can you learn where your strengths lie? Well, let me help you out. It’s quite likely that your skills and abilities correlate to your passions. Thousands around the world have taken advantage of this fact to not only help others but help themselves financially.
How To Identify My Passion?
Take a look at some of these questions – if you can answer them, you’ll have a good starting point for a profitable business operation:
- Define your dream customer, how could they benefit from what you know?
- If you’re already in business, who do you work with currently?
- Is there anything specific that you like or dislike about them? What are the common factors?
- If you were a billionaire, what would you do with the money?
- Speak to three people that you respect and admire. Actually, interview them and ask them what they think you’d be successful at? What do they think your strengths are?
- What have you always been good at and what really makes you happy and fulfilled?
- If you had dreams of your future as a child, what were they? Are you living that life now or not? If you aren’t what would you change?
- What do you really care about? What makes you get up in the morning and what do you love doing? What are you passionate about and what are you passionately against?
- Have you felt a calling to do something with your life? What was it you felt called to do?
- What future do you want to leave for your family and future generations? What would you like to be remembered for?
Can I Monetize My Passion?
Once you have an idea of what you want to do, try and determine if there is anyone already doing the same thing. This is your potential competition. Figure out what they are doing and try to find out all about them. This will help you determine how you can brand yourself. Remember the goal is to make money, so it’s important to focus on a target market that has money to spend.
Create your own inventory of products for sale. This needs to be focused on what you have personal knowledge in. Focus on what you can talk about intelligently and well. This can be based on your own personal experiences, including travel. It could even be based on specific training you’ve taken and the titles you’ve earned.
Once you’ve done this, create a list of hundreds if not thousands of different descriptors. You’ll learn to keep a paper and pencil handy throughout the course of this exercise as you’ll be surprised at the talents you already have!
What If I’m Not An Expert?
Most people will wonder if they should be an “expert” in their niche before they start monetizing. If you read some sites online, you’re probably astounded at the level of knowledge that is being shared. Rest assured though, the people sharing this information are not Nobel prize winners or University Professors. They are normal people like you and me that have gradually, over time become knowledgeable. So the short answer is no, I don’t think you need to be an expert or have a degree in most cases.
If your inner voice is saying you’re not experienced enough, you don’t have sufficient skills… then let me tell you this, the truth is that the majority of experts out there didn’t know what they were doing when they first started either!
Just imagine yourself as a university student majoring in mathematics. You won’t be viewed as an expert in the eyes of your professor, but you surely are in the eyes of your little brother, who is in high-school and needs your help with his math homework.
The key thing here is that as long as you’re one step ahead of your target audience, you are the expert in their eyes. It might not be in everyone’s eyes, but they don’t matter here. You are not targeting everyone. The clear caveat to this being if you want to share medical, legal, or financial information. In these cases, you should definitely be an expert. Otherwise, you just need to be one step ahead of the people you’re targeting.
Establish My Identity List
Use this list of descriptors to create a description that suits you. For example, I am a normal guy, an entrepreneur and marketer, despite the rate race, have a university degree, in pursue of financial freedom, passionate about entrepreneurship and personal development, enjoy travel and outdoor activities etc. (Yes, I went through the exercise myself.)
Spend time journaling and do not be shy about what you are sharing. Try to get in touch with who you really are.
Make sure that you are targeting a market with money to spend and a desire to learn your information. Use what you have written about yourself to narrow down a set of business possibilities that match this target market. Play the devil’s advocate with each of your ideas and try to be as negative as possible. Why should you not go with a specific idea?
- Flip it around now and do a targeted and focused key word analysis on your top two or three ideas. Try to understand and correlate these key words with ones that your target market uses. Is there a similarity with how they define their problems?
- Look at the competition. How are they providing solutions to the problems?
- Talk to my target market and understand what issues they have had dealing with other companies offering a similar service. What has worked and what hasn’t?
If you went through everything and thought to yourself that you don’t have anything interesting to monetize, then all I can say is that you’re either not thinking hard enough or you’re undervaluing yourself.
There are little kids making millions on Youtube by reviewing toys. There are people travelling around the world to experience new cultures and making a more than just a living. There are people making money just by simply sharing tips and tricks about their fishing hobby. The possibilities are endless…
If you perform the exercise above, you will understand your potential and your market much better. Put these steps into action and you’ll soon getting paid for doing what you love.
How cool would it be if you were able to get paid for a skill, passion or hobby you already have (or get paid for what other people know)?
Heck, you can even get paid for just bringing people together in a community that helps them grow!
And if you want the fast track – the actual business blueprint to teach you:
- How to create a new income in your life…
- How to make an impact on people’s lives…
- How to start or scale your business…
Then you have to hear this!
The two people I admire the most, three people who have impacted millions of lives; including mine, Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi are going to show you how to make an impact and get paid to do it…
For the first time in their 60+ year careers they pulled back the curtain and exposed how you can profit from a pretty much “hidden” $355 million dollar a day industry that’s expected to TRIPLE within the next 5 years according to Forbes.
They laid out the entire blueprint to getting paid for impacting people’s lives on the deepest level and leaving a legacy you can be proud of…
The training is about 90 minutes long, so set aside the time to watch the entire thing. Tony hasn’t done a training like this in over 10 years – so you don’t want to miss anything on this…