Are you a solopreneur who is feeling overwhelmed by the amount of tasks that you have to do everyday? The truth is that you won’t be able to grow your business if you try to do everything yourself. If you’ve read the 4-hour work week by Tim Ferris, then you know how important it is to outsource the unimportant tasks. So, to make your life easier and free up your time so you can do things that matter most to your business, I want to introduce you to Fiverr.
What Is Fiverr And How Does It Work?
Sign Up For A Fiverr Account
Finding A Service
Placing An Order
Tips For Hiring On Fiverr
Here is the hiring process I use on Fiverr to get the best result.
1. From Fiverr’s homepage, search for the service that you’re looking to hire. Ex: t-shirt graphic designer, video editor, copywriter, Facebook ads manager, etc.
2. Save any freelancer whose catches your eyes based on their previous work samples, number of reviews, and service description.
Note: Don’t just pick the first freelancer you see! A marketplace as large as Fiverr attracts a lot of scammers and low-level freelancers. It will take some time to weed out the bad ones and find a really great one.
Fiverr’s Got Talent
3. Begin to eliminate freelancers based on their number rating and how many stars they have. While this is not a perfect system, it will help ensure that the freelancers you pick have some experience working well with customers and delivering satisfactory work.
TIP: Stick with freelancers that have at 4.5+ stars and 100+ reviews. That will easily eliminate the majority of the scammers and bad freelancers.
4. Open the profile of each freelancer that passed the first filter. Examine samples of their previous work, and read the description of the services they provide.
TIP: Broken English and glaring grammatical errors on the freelancer’s profile is a big red flag. If the freelancer does not have a good command of English, they will be hard to communicate with. The person you end up working with needs to understand exactly what you want in order for the process to go smoothly.
With a Side of Gimmicks
5. Take wild promises with a grain of salt. For example, some freelancers will advertise “unlimited revisions” – as if it is a positive thing. But if a freelancer is competent, they won’t need to offer unlimited revisions; it will only take a revision or two to lock in exactly what you are asking for.
6. Browse the reviews that a freelancer has received. Filter the reviews so you can see just the negative ones. See if there is a trend, such as a lot of “failed to deliver on time” or “Did not provide what I asked for” reviews. Also, see how (or if!) the designer responds to these reviews.
Cross Your Fingers
7. Once you have narrowed it down to a few potentially good freelancers, place your order with each of them. Carefully communicate to each freelancer exactly what your requirements are. Attach any images or samples that might help them visualize what you want.
TIP: You will need to test a small job to a handful of freelancers before you can find a good one for long-term work. So, make sure to hire multiple people before you settle with one.
Are you ready to hire your first gig? Click here to sign up for a free Fiverr account now!